Fashion's going mainstream with Snapchat's Filters taking over the beauty industry. You heard it here first...
Whether it’s the dog face, golden butterflies or coachella flower crown, there’s no denying it: everyone loves a good snapchat filter. And why not? They blur out your imperfections, give your skin a smooth finish and basically make you look selfie ready in 5 seconds flat. Snapchat, your cartoon characters make us look way better than our real-life human selves and we love you for it.
But now Snapchat’s getting a high fashion makeover, with one of the opening shows at New York Fashion Week totally taking on the trend.
Yup, Desigual’s SS17 catwalk showed models walking down the runway adorned with puppy noses, flower crowns and zebra-painted skin. Bit weird? But we’re not gonna deny it… we kinda love that snapchat beauty is a thing.
Obviously, the rest of the models makeup was also gorge – with glowy skin, natural eye makeup and soft blushed cheeks.
But it’s the 100% unmistakeable snapchat beauty that make it.
And JICYMI, we actually called this a few weeks back in LOOK Magazine itself. When our Deputy Beauty Editor Chloe turned herself into (everyone’s fave) Golden Butterfly Filter.
Wanna get the look IRL? Here’s how to do snapchat beauty:
- Start with a full coverage foundation like Estee Lauder’s Double Wear. This will give you that blurred out filter face base.
- Use a deep bronzer, like The Estee Edit’s The Barest Bronzer to contour cheekbones
- Highlight the centre of the face with Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop
- For the eyes, use a golden bronze eyeshadow all over the lid. We like Illamasqua’s Vital Palette
- The butterfly filter makes your lips super pale – Make Up For Ever’s Artist Rouge Creme in C103 is the ultimate washed-out nude
- Obviously, the look isn’t complete without some golden butterflies. We found the perfect hair-slides at Claire’s for this
Ta-daaa Snapchat Filter IRL = done.